Our new pricing structure is here and as of September 1st you will need a paid account to sell ads with Passionfruit. There’s been a few WTF’s thrown my way, so let’s clear up a few points and make sure you’re ready for next week.
Buying ads with Passionfruit
First of all, you don’t need a paid account to buy ads. Buying ads already costs money, so keep your accounts if you plan on buying ads from Passionfruit sites; they’ll still work.
Upgrading your seller’s account
You can upgrade and view your account any time by clicking on your account button on the upper right of the PF dashboard. The $50/year plan is only good through this weekend but you can upgrade to a paid plan later for $9/mo.
As soon as you upgrade, your account will have unlimited privileges. Your account will not expire and you’ll be all set this weekend.
If you decide to not upgrade your account, there’s no hard feelings here and I hope we’ll see you again soon. Here’s what will happen if you don’t upgrade by this weekend.
- You will not be charged. This is an opt-in upgrade, we cannot charge you without your permission and wouldn’t dare.
- Your ad shop will be disabled and you will no longer be able to sell ads.
- All ads purchased or imported before September 1 will continue to be served with our embed codes. You paid fees for those and if you like you can keep them installed until they expire.
- The Renew option will be disabled for existing ads.
- You will still be paid for any outstanding ads.
- Your account will still be alive and available to log in, but you will not be able to sell or create new ads.
Removing your account
- You can remove your Site from Passionfruit anytime by clicking into your Site from the top navigation, and on Edit Profile under the Profile menu. On the bottom right click Remove from Passionfruit. This cannot be undone so please be sure you’ve exported all your information and saved any current ads.
- I’ll have a Delete account button on the site by this weekend if you want to remove your whole account. This will also be permanent. If you would like to before then just email me.
Thanks everyone who has subscribed! Holler if you have any questions about these new changes: